Conditions of Membership
Membership is open to any security services agency providing the following criteria are met:
- Applicant agencies must be willing to undergo a background investigation including a visit to the applicant’s offices by the Membership Committee.
- The applicant agency must have held an approved Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services license to operate a security agency for a minimum of 12 months.
- The applicant agency must derive at least 75% of its annual revenue from uniformed security guard operations.
- The applicant agency must subscribe to the Corporation’s Code of Ethics.
- The applicant must be willing to subscribe to and demonstrate proof of teaching a training program for security guards established by the Corporation or one of equal calibre approved by the Education Committee.
- The applicant agency, if in the business of providing canine services must adhere to special regulations regarding dog training, handler training and animal boarding.
- If the applicant agency provides armed guards, they must adhere to all regulations with respect to licensing of officers and firearms, storage and maintenance, transportation of firearms and training of personnel.
- The applicant agency must be sponsored by a current member agency in good standing.
- The annual dues for membership in the Corporation shall be geared to the revenues generated by each member agency and shall be determined by the board of directors of the Corporation from time to time.
- Dues shall not be required to be paid by a new member until the application for membership has been approved.
- A member agency may resign its membership by filing a written resignation with the secretary of the Corporation. The member agency must be in good standing at the time of the request and the dues for the year in which the resignation takes effect must be paid in full.